HELIOS® FM Radio Rebroadcasting System (RRS) with Emergency Message Break-in
HELIOS® Technologies designs and manufactures FM Radio Rebroadcasting System (RRS) to extend the coverage of FM radio networks in infrastructures like airports, tunnels, shopping centers, exhibition halls, convention centers, underground car parks, mines and galleries, etc.
Utilizing a Software Define Radio (SDR) and centralized digital CPRI distributed architecture, HELIOS® FM Radio Rebroadcasting System (RRS) is a two-tier architecture consisting of the Host Units (HU) and Remote Units (RUs). The HELIOS® RRS Host Unit can be operating on two roles simultaneously as both Off-Air Repeater and Optical Master Unit. The HELIOS® RRS Host Unit will first digitizes the FM radio signal received by Donor Antenna by ADC (Analog-Digital-Converter) and filtered out desired broadcasting channels by digital filters in FPGA. Then convert the digitized signal to a digital CPRI data stream, the digital CPRI packet data stream can be transported via single mode fiber and received by the Remote Units. The RUs then convert the digital CPRI packet data stream back to RF and amplify the signal for delivery to the antennas.
The all-digital platform with ultra-wide bandwidth RF front-end design and modular architecture enables multiple network topologies including star, chain and hybrid to cater to different deployment scenarios. These network topologies provide reduced fiber plant usage and installation cost, and effective fiber loop redundancy configurations. The HU and RU utilizes an embedded WEB management system for system configuration and network monitoring. The embedded WEB management system collects alarm information from both HUs and RUs. 2 * RJ45 port both in HU can allows local control and remote access the repeater GUI from everywhere through intranet/internet/VPN.
HELIOS® FM Radio Rebroadcasting System (RRS) includes an Emergency Message Break-in facility enabling the tunnel operators sending emergency messages inside the tunnel tubes. In emergency situations, a pre-recorded or live voice message can be sent using the car radio to the drivers instead of the normal radio signal in tunnel.
With waterproof wall-mounted cabinet, the HELIOS® RRS can be installed in the harshest environment, indoors or outdoors. Moreover, HELIOS® Technologies’ systems are physically compact and simple to install.
Because each installation is unique, HELIOS® Technologies proposes a complete portfolio of solutions with FM Radio Rebroadcasting System (RRS), advanced technologies as channel selective, AGC per channel, squelch, WDM, digital-over-fiber, remote monitoring HTTP-SNMP. All of HELIOS® FM Radio Rebroadcasting System (RRS) can be ordered with different frequencies, powers (low, medium, and high), different power supply voltages, with or without redundancy power supply, with or without battery backup, and with a 2G/3G/4G wireless modem.
- Full digital software and hardware platform based on SDR technique
- Supports digital CPRI optical fiber transport system
- Support up to 12 FM radio channels in a single enclosure
- Innovative Digital Filtering technology basis on DSP and SDR to provide excellent signal selectivity and minimum time delay
- Each Host Unit has four SFP+ digital optic ports and supports up to 32 RUs by star, chain, ring and hybrid network topologies
- Compared with the traditional Off-air Repeater + fiber repeater architecture, HELIOS® FM RRS reduces the attenuators and couplers between Off-air repeater and OMU of Fiber DAS to make the system simpler and easier to install and deploy, especially suitable for tunnel deployment.
- RF composite power +33dBm for FM radio coverage in tunnel
- Support automatic/manual optic delay aligning and compensate to reduce multipath interference
- Support monitor and configure Remote Unit from Master Unit
- Support an Emergency Message Break-in facility enabling the tunnel operators sending emergency messages inside the tunnel
- RJ-45 Port as LAN port to support IP Web Browser GUI for Local Control
- Additional RJ-45 Port as WAN port to support WAN access through Internet/Intranet/VPN
- Built-in 2G/3G/4G wireless modem (Option) for remote monitoring by SMS or Data Link
- Details repeater parameters and status can be monitoring by built-in web interface, such as RSSI, temperature, optical link, PA switch, output power level, gain, ATT, return loss, VSWR etc.
- SNMP V2 & V3 +MIB file supported
- Option Dry Contact for Alarm External
- RRS Host Unit adopts standard 19” Rack casing enclosure
- RRS Remote Unit adopts IP65 rating cabinet with convection cooling
- Light weight and compact size, flexible wall and pole mount.