HELIOS® TETRA/TETRAPOL/P25 Digital CPRI Optical Transport System
HELIOS® Technologies designs and manufactures TETRA / TETRAPOL / P25 Digital Repeaters to enhance the radio coverage of national public safety networks and private radio networks. We provide secure and reliable radio coverage for critical communications for the owners, users and emergency services of confined areas such as:
- To enhance the radio coverage of national public safety networks and critical secure communications networks like police stations, airports and etc.
- To extend the coverage of private radio networks in major infrastructures like shopping centers, exhibition halls, convention centers, hospitals, confined areas such as service corridors, tunnels, underground car parks, mines.
Because each installation/project is unique, HELIOS® Technologies proposes a complete portfolio of solutions with Digital off-air and optical repeaters, advanced DSP (Digital Signal Processing) technologies as band selective, channel selective, AGC per time slot, squelch, frequency shifting, CPRI transportation, remote monitoring via HTTP-SNMP. Our public safety digital repeaters (BDA) can be successfully installed and used all around the globe, as our know-how lets us produce digital repeaters of all dimensions and technical features.
HELIOS® Technologies’ indoor coverage solutions can meet all the requirements of any individual public safety network or private radio network. HELIOS® Technologies provides TETRA / TETRAPOL / P25 digital repeaters that are homologated to enhance public safety networks and private radio networks. HELIOS® Technologies’ compact size and multi-channel digital repeater enhances RF coverage in confined areas to enhance the public safety networks or private radio networks with large coverage capability and no near-far effect. All of HELIOS® public safety digital repeaters are easy to install and are operated and controlled by SNMP, SCADA or Ethernet using a web browser.
Also, we produce TETRA / TETRAPOL / P25 digital repeaters that are customizable to the client’s needs and different state legislations, and they can process any frequencies due to advantage of SDR technique. Our products meet all the regulatory standards and specifications, such as national public safety and technical requirements.
Utilizing a centralized digital CPRI distributed architecture, HELIOS® TETRA / TETRAPOL / P25 Digital Optical Transport System is a two-tier architecture consisting of the Optical Master Units (OMUs) and Optical Remote Units (ORUs). RF signals from Base Stations, off-air, BDAs or combination thereof can be received. In the case of off-air feed, the OMU has the option to combine the functions of the off-air Repeater and OMU to provide transmission and distribution of radio signals. The signal is filtered and then converted to a digital CPRI data stream. The digital CPRI packet data stream is transported via single mode fiber and received by the ORUs. The ORUs then convert the digital CPRI packet data stream back to RF and amplify the signal for delivery to the antennas. On the reverse path (uplink), the ORUs and OMU perform the inverse functions and delivery the signals back to the corresponding off-air antenna, BDAs or Base Stations.
The all-digital platform with ultra-wide bandwidth RF front-end design and modular architecture enables multiple network topologies including star, chain and hybrid to cater to different deployment scenarios. These network topologies provide reduced fiber plant usage and installation cost, and effective fiber loop redundancy configurations. The OMU and ORU utilizes an embedded WEB management system for system configuration and network monitoring. The embedded WEB management system collects alarm information from both OMUs and ORUs. 2 * RJ45 port both in OMU and ORUs can allows local control and remote access the repeater GUI from everywhere through intranet/internet/VPN.
With waterproof wall-mounted cabinet, the HELIOS® public safety digital repeaters can be installed in the harshest environment, indoors or outdoors. HELIOS® TETRA / TETRAPOL / P25 Digital Repeaters can be ordered with different frequencies, powers (low, medium, and high), different power supply voltages, with or without redundancy power supply, with or without battery backup, and with a 2G/3G/4G wireless modem.
- Support TETRA / TETRAPOL / P25 bands both for national public safety networks and private radio networks
- Full digital software and hardware platform based on SDR technique
- Supports digital CPRI optical fiber transport system
- Each OMU has four 1.25Gbps SFP+ digital optic ports and supports up to 32 ORUs by star, chain, ring and hybrid network topologies, even up to 196 ORUs by adding OEUs in some scenarios, such as subways and tunnels
- Optional add additional OMU to support redundant BTS solution
- RF composite power 30dBm, 33dBm, 36dBm and 40dBm for option
- Support monitor and configure Remote Unit from Master Unit
- RJ-45 Port as LAN port to support IP Web Browser GUI for Local Control
- Additional RJ-45 Port as WAN port to support WAN access through Internet/Intranet/VPN
- Built-in 2G/3G/4G wireless modem (Option) for remote monitoring by SMS or Data Link
- Details repeater parameters and status can be monitoring by built-in web interface, such as RSSI, temperature, optical link, PA switch, output power level, gain, ATT, return loss, VSWR etc.
- SNMP V2 & V3 +MIB file supported
- Dry Contact for Alarm External
- Optical Master Unit adopts standard 19” Rack casing enclosure
- Optical Remote Unit adopts IP65 rating cabinet with convection cooling
- Light weight and compact size, flexible wall and pole mount