HELIOS® VHF/UHF Analog Fiber-Optic DAS for DMR/PMR
HELIOS® Technologies designs and manufactures VHF / UHF Repeaters to enhance the radio coverage of PMR/DMR private radio networks. We provide secure and reliable radio coverage for critical communications for the owners, users and emergency services in major infrastructures like shopping centers, exhibition halls, convention centers, hospitals, confined areas such as service corridors, road & rail tunnels, underground car parks, offshore platforms, underground mines and etc.
Because each installation/project is unique, HELIOS® Technologies proposes a complete portfolio of solutions with off-air and optical repeaters, advanced DSP (Digital Signal Processing) technologies as band selective, channel selective, AGC per time slot, squelch, frequency shifting, remote monitoring via HTTP-SNMP. Our DMR/PMR repeaters (BDA) can be successfully installed and used all around the globe, as our know-how lets us produce UHF repeaters of all dimensions and technical features.
HELIOS® Technologies’ indoor coverage solutions can meet all the requirements of any individual public safety network or private radio network. HELIOS® Technologies provides VHF / UHF repeaters that are homologated to enhance public safety networks and private radio networks. HELIOS® Technologies’ compact size and multi-channel digital repeater enhances RF coverage in confined areas to enhance the public safety networks or private radio networks with large coverage capability and no near-far effect. All of HELIOS® public safety repeaters are easy to install and are operated and controlled by SNMP, SCADA or Ethernet using a web browser.
Also, we produce VHF / UHF repeaters that are customizable to the client’s needs and different state legislations, and they can process any frequencies due to advantage of SDR technique. Our products meet all the regulatory standards and specifications, such as national public safety and technical requirements.
HELIOS® VHF / UHF Analog Fiber Optical Repeaters is a two-tier architecture consisting of the Optical Master Units (OMUs) and Optical Remote Units (ORUs). RF signals from Base Stations, off-air, BDAs or combination thereof can be received. In the case of off-air feed, the OMU has the option to combine the functions of the off-air Repeater and OMU to provide transmission and distribution of radio signals. The signal is filtered and then converted to optical signal which will be transport via single mode fiber and received by the ORUs. The ORUs then convert the optical signal back to RF signal and amplify signal for delivery to the antennas. On the reverse path (uplink), the ORUs and OMU perform the inverse functions and delivery the signals back to the corresponding off-air antenna, BDAs or Base Stations.
Star connection between OMU and ORUs is easy for centralized management. Customized optical port numbers in OMU such as single port, two ports, four ports, eight ports or more ports. The OMU and ORU utilizes an embedded WEB management system for system configuration and network monitoring. The embedded WEB management system collects alarm information from both OMUs and ORUs. 2 * RJ45 port both in OMU and ORUs can allows local control and remote access the repeater GUI from everywhere through intranet/internet/VPN.
With waterproof wall-mounted cabinet, the HELIOS® public safety repeaters can be installed in the harshest environment, indoors or outdoors. HELIOS® UHF Repeaters can be ordered with different frequencies, powers (low, medium, and high), different power supply voltages, with or without redundancy power supply, with or without battery backup, and with a 2G/3G/4G wireless modem.
- Support VHF Simplex / VHF Duplex / UHF Duplex bands for the PMR / DMR private radio networks
- One Master Unit can support up to 8 Remote Units by Star Link
- RF composite power of ORU 30dBm, 33dBm, 36dBm and 40dBm for option
- Support monitor and configure Remote Unit from Master Unit
- RJ-45 Port as LAN port to support IP Web Browser GUI for Local Control
- Additional RJ-45 Port as WAN port to support remote access through Internet/Intranet/VPN
- Built-in 2G/3G/4G wireless modem (Option) for remote monitoring by SMS or Data Link
- Details repeater parameters and status can be monitoring by built-in web interface, such as RSSI, temperature, optical link, PA switch, output power level, gain, ATT, return loss, VSWR etc.
- SNMP V2 & V3 + MIB file supported
- Dry Contact for Alarm External
- Optical Master Unit adopts standard 19” Rack casing enclosure
- Optical Remote Unit adopts IP65 rating cabinet with convection cooling
- Light weight and compact size, flexible wall and pole mount